Back to List
Community Child Protection Team/Child Fatality Prevention Team
In accordance with the Governor's Executive Order #142 and rules of the North Carolina Social Services Commission related thereto providing for the creation of a child protection team in each county, the Resolution Relating to the Forsyth County Community Child Protection Team was adopted on July 8, 1991 by the Forsyth County Board of Commissioners.
G.S. 143-576.2 revised the composition of local Child Protection Team.
In November 1994, the Forsyth County Community Child Protection Team (CCPT) was chosen as a pilot county to begin functioning as a Child Facality Prevention Team (CFPT), encompassing the CCPT members and adding several others serving from various disciplines. The General Statutes governing the composition of the CFPT changed effective July 1, 1995 and Forsyth County's Child Protection Team decided to function as one (1) team, the Child Fatality Prevention Team.
Each Local Team shall consist of representatives of public and non-public agencies in the community that provide services to children and their families and other individuals who represent the community. Each Local Team shall consist of the following persons:
- The Director of the County Department of Social Services and a member of the director's staff
- Local law enforcement officer, appointed by the County Commissioners
- Attorney from the District Attorney's office
- Executive Director of the local community action agency, as defined by the Division of Economic Opportunity, Department of Human Resources, or executive director's designee
- Superintendent of the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools or a designee
- Member of the Forsyth County Board of Social Services, appointed by the Chairman of the Social Services Board
- Mental Health Professional, appointed by the Director of the Mental Health Authority
- Local Guardian Ad Litem Coordinator or a designee
- Public Health Director
- Local health care provider, appointed by the Board of Health
- Emergency Medical Services provider or Firefighter, appointed by the Board of Commissioners
- Forsyth County District Court Judge, appointed by the Chief District Court Judge
- County Medical Examiner, appointed by the Chief Medical Examiner
- Representative of a local day care facility or Head Start program, appointed by the Director of Social Services
- Parent of a child who died before reaching the child's eighteenth birthday, appointed by the Board of Commissioners.
In accordance with the General Statutes, the County Commissioners may appoint a maximum of five (5) additional members to represent County Agencies or the Community at large to serve on the Team as adopted by Resolution on 8/28/95.
2nd Friday of each month, 8:00 a.m., Forsyth County Public Health Meeting Room, 799 Highland Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
The following appointments are open for applicants:
Forsyth County Code
The County Code is the official record of ordinances adopted by the Forsyth County
Board of Commissioners. By clicking on the link below, you will be able to access
an online copy of the County Code.
Please note that when you click on this link, you will be leaving the Forsyth County
website and entering a website owned and operated by Municipal Code Corporation,
also known as “Municode.” The County Code displayed on the Municode site is updated
annually and, therefore, may not contain recently approved ordinances.
View the Forsyth County Code
TV Broadcast Schedule
The Commissioner's meetings, held on Mondays, are broadcast live at 6:00 pm on WSTV
13 - The Government Channel. They are rebroadcast the following Tuesday at 9:00
AM and the following Wednesday at 9:00 pm.
The Commissioner's briefings, held on Thursdays, are broadcast live at 2:00 pm on
WSTV 13 - The Government Channel. They are rebroadcast the same day at 6:00 pm.