With EBSCO's extensive collection of eBook titles on EBSCOhost, Forsyth County Public
Library cardholders can search within a wide range of relevant eBooks using the
powerful EBSCOhost search experience. You can access the full text of eBooks from
your computer, or can download titles to most popular portable devices.
Click on the banner to start browsing.
Frequently Asked Questions About EBSCO eBooks
- QWhich portable devices are compatible with EBSCO eBooks?
- AEBSCO eBooks are compatible with for the following eBook Readers:
EBSCO eBooks are compatible with the following mobile apps:
- Apple (iOS) Devices such as iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
- Sony eReader Touch Edition
- Barnes & Noble Nook
- All eBook Readers supporting the Adobe eBook DRM
EBSCO eBooks are compatible with all devices and apps supporting Adobe eBook DRM, a standard used by most popular eBook providers, including Google Play. A complete list of Adobe eBook DRM compatible devices and apps is available here. Top
- Bluefire Reader apps for iOS and Android devices
- Aldiko app for Android devices
- Txtr app for iPhone and Android devices
- All apps supporting the Adobe eBook DRM
- QHow do I search for EBSCO eBooks and Audiobooks by format?
- AWhen searching for EBSCO eBooks and Audiobooks, you can limit your searches to a specific format by including one of the following in the Find field.
For example, if you would like to search for eBooks about global warming in EPUB format, enter the following in the Find field:
Or, if you would like to simply browse a result list of all eBooks in PDF format, enter the following in the Find field:
- eBooks in ePUB format use: FM EK
- eBooks in PDF format use: FM EB
- Audiobooks in WMA format use: FM EA
- Audiobooks in MP3 format use: FM E3
- Audiobooks in M4B format use: FM E4
- QWhat are the system requirements for downloading EBSCO eBooks?
- AIn order to download EBSCO eBooks, you must have Adobe Digital Editions 1.7.1 or higher installed on your computer. Adobe Digital Editions is a free download and is available here.Top
- QHow do I check-out and download an EBSCO eBook?
- ATo download an eBook:
1. Click the Download (Offline) link for the eBook you would like to download.
If you are not logged into your My EBSCOhost folder, you are prompted to do so.
2. Select a Checkout period from the drop-down menu and click the Checkout & Download button.
Note: For some titles, you may see the option to select either the PDF or the ePub format for an eBook.
The eBook is added to the Checkouts area of the folder.
3. Select Open with or Save File from the resulting dialog box.
If you select Open with, your eBook will be opened with Adobe® Digital Editions. If you select Save file, the eBook will be saved to your computer and can be opened with Adobe® Digital Editions at a later time.
4. When a downloaded eBook is opened, it is displayed in Adobe® Digital Editions
- QHow can I transfer an EBSCO eBook from Adobe Digital Editions to my portable device?
- A1. Open your downloaded eBook in Adobe Digital Editions. If you have not authorized Adobe Digital Editions with your Adobe ID on this computer, you will need to complete that step first. You will be prompted to enter your Adobe ID and Password the first time you try to open a NetLibrary eBook with Digital Editions on your computer.
2. Connect your portable device to your computer.
3. Adobe Digital Editions automatically detects the presence of your device and offers to authorize it with your Adobe ID. Just as the Adobe Digital Editions software must be authorized with your Adobe ID, the portable device must also be authorized to be able to transfer protected content to and from the device. After authorization, the device appears as a new bookshelf in your library.
4. Transfer items to and from the device bookshelf by clicking on the book title, then dragging and dropping the title into the device bookshelf.
Note: Do not disconnect the device while you are in the process of transferring a title to the device.
- QI have a Mac computer/ iPhone/ iPad/iPod touch, can I read EBSCO eBooks on it?
- AYes. All EBSCO eBooks are compatible with iOS devices. In cases where an eBook contains Digital Rights Management (DRM), a DRM capable app is required to download and read the eBook. Read this following FAQ to learn more. Top
- QI want to read an EBSCO eBook online with my Mac Computer but I get an error when I try, why?
- AIn order to read eBooks online using the eBook viewer tool in EBSCOhost, Mac users must install the following PDF Browser plug-in: Schubert|it click to install this plug-in.Top
- QCan I extend or renew my EBSCO eBook or Audiobook check-out time?
- ANo, eBook and Audiobook checkout times cannot be extended or renewed for downloaded titles. However, if there are no Holds placed on the eBook or Audiobook by other users, you may check it out again.Top
- QCan I return my EBSCO eBook or Audiobook before the end of the checkout period?
- AYou can return the eBooks within the same software they used to download the eBook--Adobe Digital Editions or the Bluefire Reader app. The directions for returning eBooks can be found in this FAQ.Top
- QAre downloaded eBooks automatically removed from my computer after the checkout has expired?
- ANo, after an EBSCO eBook checkout has expired, the downloaded eBook file can still be found in Adobe Digital Editions but can not be opened. You must manually delete the file from Adobe Digital Editions to remove it from your computer.
Note: This also applies to any portable devices (such as Apple or Android devices) to which you have transferred the eBook.
- QWait I still need help!
- ADon’t worry, a friendly librarian can assist you. Please call 703-3007 or your local branch during open hours or ask your librarian anytime.Top