- By Jody Lohman
- Posted Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Free Tax Assistance at the Library
Let Someone Else Do Your Taxes
Free tax assistance will be available at Central Library and other locations throughout Forsyth County. Forsyth Free Tax volunteers will be available to assist individuals and families with low to moderate income.
View the Tax Newsletter for a complete listing of FREE tax assistance locations throughout the county.
How Do I Get Tax Forms and Instructions?
There are various ways to get both federal and state tax forms: You can order them by phone or online, print them from the Internet, or file them electronically. You can also view the Tax Newsletter for more information on these options. Remember, it's best to plan ahead.
Central Library Offering Free Tax Assistance
At this time, Central Library is the only Forsyth County Public Library that is offering free tax assistance.
Central Library - 336-703-3020
660 W. Fifth St., Winston-Salem, N.C. 27101
from Feb. 1 - April 4
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Please bring the following:
- Photo ID
- Social Security Cards (or ITIN) for yourself, your spouse, and each dependent to be listed on the tax return
- W-2 forms and/or 1099s
- Last year's tax return
- Medicare card with an "A" at the end of the number
- Checking or savings account number for direct deposit of a refund
- Evidence of deductible expenses
- All childcare provider names, addresses and employer ID (EIN) or SS numbers
- 1095-A form if you have Marketplace (ACA) insurance
Library staff and volunteers are NOT able to provide any tax assistance or advice regarding tax forms or tax returns.