- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in County Parks with the exception
of a paid reservation at Woodland Hall Banquet Facility or a paid reservation with
- Dogs must be on leash at all times. The only exception is at Horizons
Happy Hounds and Tanglewood Dog Park (Off- Leash Area). Please be considerate and
pick up your dog's excrement on park grounds. Horses are not permitted at any County
Park except at Tanglewood Park.
- Weapons are prohibited except concealed handguns, with proper permit, as allowed
by County Ordinance and the N.C. General Statutes. Warning: School sponsored curricular
and extracurricular activities occur in this park. It is a felony to knowingly possess
or carry whether openly or concealed, any firearm to any activity sponsored by a
- Presenting abusive language and/or behavior may result in expulsion from the park.
- Metal detectors or motorized equipment are not permitted. The operation of
go-carts, motorized trail bikes, mini bikes, all terrain vehicles, hobby equipment
(cars, rockets, drones, etc.) etc. is not permitted on park grounds.
- A maintenance fee of $250 will be charged for any maintenance above and beyond normal
use plus the cost of repairing damages and replacing damaged or missing items. Nailing,
stapling, or taping decorations to park structures is not permitted. Picnic
tables may not be moved.
- Park grills are designed for charcoal only. It is prohibited to gather
and burn wood on County Park property. Personal grills, less than 24"
in diameter, may be used. Grills may be used outside the shelter only.
- Disposal of grease is not permitted in the park, and if you cook with oil you must
take the it with you after the reservation and take proper precautions to prevent
oil spillage or burns to park patrons. A grease pan must be placed under the grill.
- Canopies are only permitted in Triad Park and must be 12'X12' or
smaller. Canopies may not be staked into the ground. Erecting canopies is not permitted
in any other County Park, except Tanglewood with additional charges. Erecting tents
is always prohibited at all County Parks.
- All vehicles must be parked in parking spaces provided. Parking on the grass or
alongside roads is prohibited. No camping except at the Tanglewood RV Campground
- Do not exceed maximum capacity at shelters. Canopies cannot be used to extend maximum
capacity. If capacity is exceeded, it overwhelms parking lots, restrooms, etc.,
and will cause Forsyth County Parks & Rec. to deny users entry into Park as well
as deny future reservations.
- No commercial or fundraising use of County Parks is permitted with
the exception of a rental of Woodland Hall Banquet Facility with prior approval,
prior approval for a walk or special event, or at Tanglewood Park with prior approval.
This includes no clinics, professional trainings, and for-profit classes or events.
Solicitation is prohibited.
- Amplified music/PA systems only permitted at Triad Park Shelters
(#1, 4, 6, and 7), Woodland Hall, and Tanglewood.
- Dunking booths are permitted only at Triad Park in the designated location
in the parking lot at Shelter 1. Groups will have to schedule their exact ETA with
the office and booth vendor to coordinate filling. Vendor must provide plywood under
the dunking booth to prevent damage to asphalt. Park staff will meet the group and
booth vendor at the designated ETA to assist with the initial filling of the booth.
The water key and hoses will not be left onsite at the booth after the initial filling.
Water can be dumped in the parking lot so that water will flow into a storm drain.
No anchors or stakes are allowed.
- The following is not permitted at County Parks: water slides, amusement
rides or equipment, petting zoos, pony rides, hot air balloons, helicopters, fireworks,
sparklers, confetti, chalk, water balloons, water guns/pistols or unauthorized oversized
vehicles. Check with Tanglewood Park’s Marketing and Events Division and Recreation
Manager for exceptions at Special Events.
- Kite flying is allowed in certain areas as designated by park staff, but not over
walking paths or other areas as determined by park staff. Hitting golf balls is
not permitted in the parks, except at Tanglewood golf courses.
- Hunting and the disposal or release of waterfowl, rabbits, or other pets is prohibited
at County Parks.
- No items may be anchored or staked into asphalt or grass areas - weighted anchors
- Violation of any of the park rules may result in expulsion with denial of
future rental privileges.
- Outdoor water spigots are cut-off at all parks as they do not provide potable drinking
water. These spigots are not available for use.
- Forsyth County Parks and Recreation Photography Policy