- By Don Dwiggins
- Posted Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Central Hours to be Temporarily Altered
The Central Library will be closed for reorganization work on Friday, September 18th. On Wednesday, September 16 and Thursday, September 17, the Central Library will be open, but with limited computer access and service on the first floor only, the ground and second floors will be closed to the public. Customers are asked to access the building from the Fifth Street entrance on September 16 and 17.
The following changes will take place at the Central Library in the next two months.
- The North Carolina Room will be relocated to the ground floor the week of September 14th and will begin service on the ground floor Monday, September 21.
- The Central Library will consolidate all reference and nonfiction materials on the second floor.
- A public computing area with 40 PCs will be built on the first floor.
- A Popular Library department will be created on the first floor featuring current magazines, bestsellers, fiction, biographies, audio books and movies on DVD and VHS.
For more information on the Central Library reorganization, please contact Elizabeth Skinner, Central Library Public Services Manager, 703-3018 or email@example.com.