- By Carla Holt
- Posted Monday, April 4, 2011
Volunteers Encouraged to Apply
The Forsyth County Board of Commissioners will consider the following volunteer board appointments at their regular scheduled meeting on May 9, 2011.
- Two (2) Appointments to the ADULT CARE HOME COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE, One-Year Terms, Expiring March 2012 [Non-incumbents will serve a term of one year] [Capacity: Open]
- Five (5) Appointments to the ANIMAL CONTROL ADVISORY BOARD, Two-Year Terms, Expiring May 2013 [Capacities: One (1) “County Resident and Owner of a Fertile Hunting Dog”; One (1) “County Resident and Owner of an Animal other than a Dog/Cat”; Two (2) “At Large”; One (1) “County Resident Who is a Member, Employee or Officer in a FC Animal Welfare Organization”]
- One (1) Appointment to the COALITION FOR DRUG ABUSE, Three-Year Term, Expiring March 2013 [Capacity: Religion Representative]
- Three (3) Appointments to the ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS BOARD, Three-Year Terms, Expiring May 2014, [Capacity: “Open”]
- One (1) Appointment to the LIBRARY BOARD, Three-Year Term, Expiring May 2014 [Capacity: “Open”]
- One (1) Appointment to the PIEDMONT TRIAD AIRPORT AUTHORITY, Three-Year Term, Expiring April 2014
- Three (3) Appointments to the ZONING BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT, FORSYTH COUNTY, Three-Year Terms, Expiring April 2014 [Capacities: Two (2) “Regular Member” and One (1) “Alternate Member”]
If you wish to apply for one of these appointments, visit the Volunteer Opportunities page of the Commissioners' website and complete the online application form or call the Commissioners’ Office at 703-2020 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to obtain a questionnaire. The deadline for receiving resumes and completed questionnaires is Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 5:00 p.m.