- By Southside Library
- Posted Monday, January 7, 2013
Southside Book Club 2013
Southside's book club has our reading schedule ready to go for 2013. This year, it's all fiction with some of the best and most highly reviewed titles of recent years, including 2012's blockbuster hit, Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl, but also a classic, Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.
The Southside Book Club meets the second Monday evening of every month, at 6:00 pm in our auditorium. Everyone is welcome to join us, no reservations necessary. We usually meet a bit more than an hour, and our casual book discussions almost always led us from the story to our lives and experiences and then to the world around us.
If you have questions or if you need help finding a copy of any book you'd like to read, please call 336-703-2985.
- Jan. 14, The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
- Feb. 11, The Dante Club, Matthew Pearl
- Mar. 11, The Language of Flowers<, Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- Apr. 8, The Virgin Cure, Ami McKay
- May 13, Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
- June 10, Walking to Gatlinburg, Howard Frank Mosher
- July 8, What Alice Forgot, Liane Moriarty
- Aug. 12, Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand, Helen Simonson
- Sept. 9, The Sandcastle Girls, Chris Bohjalian
- Oct. 14, A Year of Wonders: A Novel of the Plague, Geraldine Brooks
- Nov. 11, Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn
- Dec. 9, Honolulu, Allen Brennert