- By Jody Lohman
- Posted Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Free Tax Assistance at the Library
Let Someone Else Do Your Taxes
Free tax assistance will be available at many locations throughout Forsyth County. Starting in late January, VITA and AARP volunteers will be available to assist individuals and families with low to moderate income.
View the Tax Newsletter for a complete listing of FREE tax assistance locations throughout the county.
How Do I Get Tax Forms and Instructions?
There are various ways to get both federal and state tax forms. You can order them by phone or online, print them from the Internet, or file them electronically. You can view the Tax Newsletter for more information on these options. Remember, it's best to plan ahead.
Library Locations Offering FREE Tax Assistance
Central Library - 336-703-3020
660 West 5th St., Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Every Saturday from February 3 - April 14 (except 3/31)
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Reynolda Branch - 336-703-2960
2839 Fairlawn Dr., Winston-Salem, NC 27106
Every Monday and Tuesday from February 5 - April 17
9:00 am – 12:15 pm
Southside Branch - 336-703-2980
3185 Buchanan St., Winston-Salem, NC 27127
Every Thursday and Friday from February 1 - April 13 (except 3/30)
9:00 am – 12:15 pm
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY:
Kernersville Senior Center (Library basement)
130 East Mountain St., Kernersville, NC 27284
Call for appointment: 336-992-0591
Wed, Thur, Fri: 9:00 - 1:00
Please bring the following:
- Picture ID
- W-2 forms and/or 1099s
- Social Security Cards (or ITIN) for yourself, your spouse, and each dependent to be listed on the tax return
- Medicare card with an "A" at the end of the number
- A voided check or savings account information for direct deposit of any refund
- Totals for medical expenses, contributions, etc. (add all receipts prior to meeting)
- Employer ID (EIN) or SSN of all childcare providers for child care tax credit
- Proof of medical health insurance (on W2 or 1095-A)
Library staff and volunteers are NOT able to provide any tax assistance or advice regarding tax forms or tax returns.