Tips for eating healthy when eating out
Posted on 10/31/2012
There are ways to eat healthy when eating out with friends and family. Check out some of these tips to help you make better and healthier choices at your favorite restaurants. You can also check out information about some of the chain restaurants menu boards with nutrition information.
- In a restaurant, start your meal with a salad packed with veggies, to help control hunger and feel satisfied sooner.
- Ask for salad dressing to be served on the side. Then use only as much as you want.
- Ask for whole-wheat bread for sandwiches.
- Order steamed, grilled, or broiled dishes instead of those that are fried or sautéed.
- Resign from the "clean your plate club" - when you've eaten enough, leave the rest.
There is a national wave to tackle the problem of obesity and overeating especially when eating out. Check out some of the chain restaurants’ menu boards attempt to share the amount of calories you consume with their foods.
To learn more visit Menus & Menu Boards with Nutrition Information
For more tips about healthy eating while dining out visit Healthy Eating.
For more tips and resources visit Nutrition Education Series.
For information about the Behealthy School Kids Program call 336-703-3217, or email email@example.com, or visit Be Healthy School Kids.