Preschool Dental Health Program
Forsyth County Department of Public Health, funded by Smart Start of Forsyth County,
began the Preschool Dental Health Program in 2001 to address the dental needs of
children, birth to five years of age. Emphasis is placed on education and prevention
of dental disease before it occurs. The involvement of both parents and childcare
providers is essential to the success of the program.
Oral health assessments and consultations result in early identification of existing
problems and every effort is made to ensure those problems are treated by a licensed
dentist in our community. Currently, one registered dental hygienist, aided by a
office assistant, provide these free preventive dental health services for over
5,000 children and 3,000 parents and child care providers each year. Services are
by appointment only. Come partner with the Preschool Dental Health Program. Together,
we can make a difference in the lives of young children. The Public Health Department
- Check children’s teeth; determine if they have a healthy mouth.
- Refer children with dental problems to a licensed dentist in our community.
- Counsel parents and help them find a dentist for their family’s regular dental care.
- Provide Dental Health Education for children.
- Present Dental Health Education and training for child care providers.
- Provide Dental Health Education for parents and expectant parents.
- Provide dental health resources throughout the community and partner with various
programs and agencies that serve young children and their parents.
For more information call (336) 703-3376 or Visit our Website!