David R. Plyler
211 Harmon Lane
Kernersville, NC 27284
Work: (336) 413-1102
Home: (336) 993-4675
- Executive - Truth Broadcasting, Inc. dba WTRU
Greensboro, N.C., Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Guilford College (1956 - 1958)
- Winston-Salem State University (1974 - 1979) Political Science
- National Association of Counties (NACo) - Past member of NACo Board of Directors,
Past Vice-President and current member of the NACo Community & Economic Development
Steering, current member of NACo Early Childhood Development Taskforce
- North Carolina Association of County Commissioners - Past President and Member of
Board of Directors
- National YMCA Board - Chief Volunteer Officer, YMCA of Northwest North Carolina
- Governor's task Force on Osteoporosis
- Winston-Salem Industries for the Blind - Past Chairman
- North Carolina Energy Policy Commission
- Crimestoppers - Past Chairman
- Board of Health
- Blumenthal Jewish Home for the Aged, Inc. - President
- Oasis Shrine 32nd Degree Mason - Life Member
- Kernersville Lions Club - Past President
- Kernersville Chamber of Commerce - Life Member
- United Methodist Church, Kernersville, NC - Lay Speaker
Awards and Honors
- The "Abe Lincoln Award" for Exceptional Broadcasting
- The "Humanitarian Award" for the NC Association of Black County Officials
- The "Community Service Award" - Kernersville Chamber of Commerce
- N.C. Association of County Commissioners Outstanding County Commissioner for 2003
- Wife - Nancy
- 2 children - Suzanne and Amanda
- 4 grandchildren - Aaron, David, Adam and Jackson "Jack"
Forsyth County Code
The County Code is the official record of ordinances adopted by the Forsyth County
Board of Commissioners. By clicking on the link below, you will be able to access
an online copy of the County Code.
Please note that when you click on this link, you will be leaving the Forsyth County
website and entering a website owned and operated by Municipal Code Corporation,
also known as “Municode.” The County Code displayed on the Municode site is updated
annually and, therefore, may not contain recently approved ordinances.
View the Forsyth County Code
TV Broadcast Schedule
The Commissioner's meetings, held on Mondays, are broadcast live at 6:00 pm on WSTV
13 - The Government Channel. They are rebroadcast the following Tuesday at 9:00
AM and the following Wednesday at 9:00 pm.
The Commissioner's briefings, held on Thursdays, are broadcast live at 2:00 pm on
WSTV 13 - The Government Channel. They are rebroadcast the same day at 6:00 pm.