24/7 Access to Your Library Through Free Apps
Published 9/16/2015 by Jacquelyn White
With a variety of mobile apps, Forsyth County Public Library customers can take their library to go. Stay connected to the Library, no matter how demanding your life becomes. With these apps, you can download eBooks, audiobooks, music, videos, learn a new language or even do research for school, whenever and wherever it is convenient for you.
OverDrive Media Console
Downloadable media mobile access:
- Download and read eBooks in EPUB, PDF, or Kindle Books formats
- Download and listen to audiobooks in MP3 or WMA formats
- You can also download and listen to music as well as watch videos!
OverDrive Media Console App is available for most popular devices. Get the one right for you here.
The North Carolina Digital Library contains a collection of downloadable audiobooks, eBooks, video, and music for Library customers. OverDrive® is the driving force behind this service and maintains the website and software so that you can browse, checkout, and download anytime you wish.
Downloadable media mobile access:
- Download and listen to music in MP3 format
- Download and watch music videos in MP4 format
- The songs and videos are yours to keep.
Freegal Music contains a collection of downloadable music and video for FCPL customers. Freegal Music gives you access to over 7 million songs from over 28,000 labels including the Sony Music catalog.
- Learn a new language in your down time!
- Choose from over 60 foreign languages and English languages courses to get started.
- Highly relevant culture notes are sprinkled into each lesson.
- The courses on the Mango Mobile apps are every bit as robust and comprehensive as they are on a regular computer.
Mango Languages includes a variety of resources to help you learn practical conversation skills for languages spoken all around the world. We offer Mango Basic and Mango Complete Courses, offering more than 60 language-learning experiences.
Tutor.com To Go™ is the mobile companion for Tutor.com, and the only education app that connects you to an expert tutor for real-time help.
- Connect to a live tutor for one-to-one help in math, science, social studies, and English
- Save and review past one-to-one tutoring sessions
- Store essays, assignments, or photos of homework problems in your Tutor.com Locker
- Share items in your Locker with a tutor
The Tutor.com To Go™ mobile app is available for iOS devices.
This free app ensures that users get the most from searching premium EBSCOhost database content, provided courtesy of your library. The convenience and rich functionality of the app enables users to:
- Choose which databases to search
- Retrieve full text results in HTML and/or PDF formats
- Save results for offline access at a later date
- Email results to self or others
Browse thousands of digital magazines from around the world in a newsstand with the largest selection, or read fresh articles daily for free.
- READ your new magazines the moment they arrive, and sync your library offline and across all your devices.
- Get library updates via Push, and instantly sync your library across all your devices
- Connect with Facebook and share what you read
- Read magazines offline and on the go
- Access to all checked out digital content – both eBook and eAudio – from the OneClickdigital app
- eBook users no longer require an Adobe ID to read eBooks when using the OneClickdigital app
- Ability to search the library’s entire OneClickdigital collection using the app
- Checkout titles, place holds, download, listen to, and/or read all in one place
Users will find the OneClickdigital app in the Apple App store, the Google Play Store, and the Amazon Store.
Pronunciator apps have the same functionality as the web-based version of Pronunciator. So whatever you want to do with Pronunciator, you can do it wherever you’re happiest!
What’s more, your progress is automatically synced between your devices, so you can go from laptop to mobile phone to tablet without missing a beat. Available for iPad, iPhone/iPod Touch, Android Phones, Android Tablets, and Kindle Fire.