NC Minority Diabetes Prevention Program
Make a Change and Start Today!
Pre-diabetic or at risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes?
The North Carolina Minority Diabetes Prevention Program (NC MDPP) is a free, year-long
diabetes prevention program. Throughout the program you will learn about healthy eating,
meal planning, physical activity and overcoming barriers.
The PreventT2 lifestyle change curriculum is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program,
led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This proven program can help you
make modest lifestyle changes and cut your risk of type 2 diabetes by more than half.
YOU MAY HAVE PREDIABETES AND BE AT RISK FOR TYPE 2 DIABETES IF YOU:
- Are 45 years of age or older
- Are you overweight
- Have a family history of type 2 diabetes
- Are physically active fewer than 3 times per week
- Ever had diabetes while pregnant (gestational diabetes) or gave birth to a baby that weighed more than 9 pounds
WITH THE PreventT2 PROGRAM YOU GET:
- A CDC-approved curriculum
- The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
- A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you
- Support from other participants with the same goals as you - and fun
- A year-long program with weekly meetings for the first 6 months, then once or twice a
month for the second 6 months