- Complete a voter registration form.
- Print and sign the form. Electronic signatures are NOT acceptable.
- Sign the form (ink to paper). Electronic signatures are NOT acceptable.
- Once finished, mail the form to our office:
Forsyth County Board of Elections
201 N Chestnut Street
Winston Salem, NC 27101
- The form may also be dropped off in person to the same address Monday-Friday from 8-5 p.m.
The deadline to register to vote in North Carolina is 25 days before the date of an election.
The registration must be received or postmarked by the voter registration deadline in order to be considered
timely. Persons who register at the DMV or other agencies will be considered registered as of the date the
application is given to the agency.
If you are submitting a voter registration form for a new registration or a change of party affiliation, the
county board of elections must receive the form with your original signature within 20 days of the voter registration deadline for an election.