More Books We Like
- Books We Likeby Don Dwiggins published 7/10/2015
- Books We Like by Bianca Orellana published 6/9/2015
- Books We Likeby Becky Proie published 5/8/2015
- Books We Likeby Lara Luck published 4/9/2015
- Books We Likeby Carolyn Price published 3/10/2015
- Books We Likeby Margaret Adam published 1/9/2015
- Books We Likeby Laura Weigand published 12/10/2014
- Books We Likeby Stefanie kellum published 11/7/2014
- Books We Likeby Becky Proie published 10/8/2014
- Books We Likeby Mia Jordan published 8/8/2014
- Books We Likeby Janis Fox published 7/8/2014
- Books We Likeby Jamie Stroble published 6/8/2014
- Books We Likeby Rob Norwood published 5/8/2014
- Books We Likeby Michael Ackerman published 4/9/2014
- Books We Likeby Jenny Boneno published 3/7/2014
- Books we likeby Zuri Davenport published 2/10/2014
- Books we likeby Margaret Adam published 1/9/2014
- Books We Likeby Nan Larosee published 11/7/2013
- Books we likeby Crystal Holland published 10/10/2013
- Books We Likeby Tom Wells published 9/10/2013
- Books we like.by Jacci White published 8/8/2013
- Books We Likeby William Durham published 7/3/2013
- Books We Likeby Jason Slayton published 6/7/2013
- Books We Likeby Raegen Luntz published 5/9/2013
- Books We Likeby James Sands published 4/9/2013
- Books We Likeby Don Dwiggins published 3/7/2013
- Books We Likeby Charlene Edwards published 2/19/2013
- Books We Likeby Daniel Feist published 1/10/2013
- Books That Make Great Giftsby Laura Weigand published 12/11/2012
- Books We Like, Halloween Editionby Lisa Kushner published 10/9/2012
- Books We Likeby Mara Lynn Newman published 9/7/2012
- Books We Likeby Billy King published 8/6/2012
Need a New Author?
Get printable versions of these lists by clicking on the list name.
Books We Like
Published 2/19/2013 by Charlene Edwards
A Gathering of Old Men by Ernest Gaines is a book that deals with prejudice in the old south, in the seventies. After the son of a prominent white man is murdered and found in the front yard of a black man, the daughter of a former plantation owner gathers men from the surrounding area and tells the sheriff they are guilty. A Gathering of Old Men tells the story of each character from their perspective, and how they took a stand for what they believed in, spinning a fictional tale of a trying era in the south.
Casting the First Stone is the first book of the Curtis Black series written by Kimberla Lawson-Roby. The main character is Curtis Black, a tall dark handsome man who is an up-and-coming church pastor. Curtis Black is the man everyone loves to hate, and women can't seem to get enough of him. The book takes religion, humor and infidelity and stirs it all up, with the final product being an action-filled, highly addictive, story. The ninth book of the series, A House Divided, is scheduled to be released in May.
African Americans in Winston-Salem/Forsyth County: A Pictorial History by Lenwood Davis, William J. Rice and James H. McLaughlin. This is a book rich in heritage and is a wonderful way to learn about area historical landmarks and local history. African Americans in Winston-Salem/Forsyth County: A Pictorial History is a great inter-generational find for the family or other groups that leads to great discussions and education about African American culture.