Help a Child Start the School Year Off Right!
Posted on 7/1/2014
Remember the excitement you had as a child at the start of a NEW school year? You may have enjoyed reconnecting with friends and teachers, or you may have enjoyed your new back-to-school supplies. While school just ended for most students, it’s time to think about helping children to “return to school” in the fall.
The Relatives as Parents Program (RAPP), seeks your support in providing basic essential school supplies to children who live with their grandparents or other relatives. Why do these children need your help? RAPP families need help because they are unexpectedly parenting a second time. Kinship families face family situations that are challenging at many levels.
Help us share the excitement children feel about going back to school. Any individual or group can organize a Community Service Project to help:
Follow these steps to organize a group:
- Contact the RAPP Coordinator, Susan Parker.
- Let Susan know of your interest to help.
- She can be reached by email at email@example.com" or by phone at 336-703-3744.
- Collect and/or purchase items you wish to share.
- See this brochure for information on items needed.
- Call Susan and schedule a date to drop items off to RAPP Offices.
All items must be received no later than Monday, August 11, 2014.
- RAPP packs & shares supplies with families by Mon, August 18th.
- RAPP can provide volunteer hours documentation as needed.
The RAPP Program is part of the Forsyth County Department of Social Services’ Family and Children’s Division. The program has supported and served kinship families since 2003.