- By Todd Luck
- Posted Sunday, March 20, 2022
More COVID-19 at-home test kits available at Forsyth Health Department and libraries
COVID-19 test kits continue to be available at Forsyth County Department of Public Health and at Forsyth County Public Libraries.
Even with the relatively low number of COVID-19 cases currently in the county, public health officials say it’s still a good idea to have an at-home test kit on hand if you need it later. Masking when needed, staying up-to-date with COVID vaccinations and testing when you have symptoms are still important ways to help protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
Test kits are available at the Health Department, 799 N. Highland Avenue, and libraries in Forsyth County except for the Paddison Memorial Branch in Kernersville, which recently gave out all its kits. Libraries have kits from 9-noon and 5-7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9-noon on Friday. Limit one kit per adult. Kits are for Forsyth County residents only. No ID is required. They will be available while supplies last.
The Health Department’s hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday and 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday.
iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Kits, which each contain two tests that should be used two days apart, is available at most libraries and the health department. Some libraries have been restocked with Flowflex rapid COVID Antigen Home Tests, which contain one test per box, since they don’t require retesting.
Forsyth County library locations currently with test kits are
- Central Library, 660 West Fifth Street, Winston-Salem 336-703 BOOK (2665)
- Carver School Road Branch, 4915 Lansing Drive, Winston-Salem 336-703-2910
- Clemmons Branch, 6365 James Street, Clemmons 336-703-2920
- Lewisville Branch, 6490 Shallowford Road Lewisville 336-703-2940
- Malloy/Jordan East Winston Heritage Center, 1110 East Seventh Street, Winston-Salem 336-703-2950
- Reynolda Manor Branch **OUT OF TEST KITS**
- Rural Hall Branch, 7125 Broad Street, Rural Hall, 336-703-2970
- Southside Branch, 3185 Buchanan Street, Winston-Salem 336-703-2980
- Walkertown Branch, 2969 Main Street, Walkertown 336-703-2990
Free test kits can also be ordered from the federal government for mail delivery at https://www.covidtests.gov/
. Community testing locations can be found at https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/about-covid-19/testing/find-covid-19-tests