- By Karen Taylor
- Posted Friday, May 15, 2009
Law Enforcement Receives Grant Funds
The County of Forsyth has been allocated $1,135,565 in Fiscal Year 2009 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant funds. These funds are to be distributed among the three major providers of law enforcement services within the county: Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office, the Winston-Salem Police Department and the Kernersville Police Department.
The allocation has been distributed among the three entities as follows: Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office - $538,140, Winston-Salem Police Department - $536,197 and Kernersville Police Department - $61,228.
Anticipated usage of funds as applied for are:
Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office:
- Fully equip 11 law enforcement positions for the patrol division
Winston-Salem Police Department:
- Fully equip 13 law enforcement positions
- Purchase a Reflective Ultra-Violet Imaging System (RUVIS)
- Purchase a Crime-lite2 alternate light source
Kernersville Police Department:
- Purchase 12 mobile data computers
- Purchase 33 tasers and associated field/training cartridges
Please feel free to email email@example.com with any comments you may have.
View Grant Application.