- By Michael Settle
- Posted Thursday, September 26, 2013
New Provider for Curbside Recycling Service!
Waste Industries will become the new service provider for curbside recycling collection service in the unincorporated areas of Forsyth County, effective November 6th. This is an optional subscription service for households and small businesses. Recyclables are collected every other week from a 96 gallon cart.
The beauty of single stream collection service is that all recyclables can be placed in the carts together; no separation necessary!
This convenient, optional service is available for just $8.65 per month, which includes use of the cart. Recycling is a great way to reduce the amount of trash you have to dispose of and prolong the life of our landfill, which saves money for everyone in the long term. Conserving natural resources, saving energy, and reducing pollution are all important, well documented benefits of recycling.
To subscribe to curbside recycling collection service, please call Waste industries at (336) 668-3712, or go to their website at Waste Industries. Under “My Business,” click on “Comingle”, then “Submit A Service Request,” fill in the requested information and someone will call you within 2 working days to arrange for service. If you currently subscribe to curbside recycling service with Waste Management, you will need to call Waste Industries before October 16th in order to continue receiving service after November 5th.
Recyclables which will be collected:
*Please rinse all food and beverage containers.
- All plastics numbered 1 through 7
- Aluminum beverage cans
- Aluminum pie tins and foil
- Glass food and beverage jars and bottles (caps removed)
- Steel, tin and bi-metal food and beverage cans
- Empty aerosol cans (remove and discard cap, do not crush)
- Cardboard juice and milk cartons
- Cereal and food boxes (remove plastic or foil liners)
- Corrugated cardboard
- Mail, office paper, envelopes, newspapers and inserts, phone books, magazines, catalogs (but not books, spiral notebooks or binders)
- Shredded office paper must be bagged in a clear plastic bag
The following items cannot be put in the recycle carts for collection: books, garden hoses, deli containers, light bulbs, styrofoam, plastic bags or wrap, ceramics, dishes, drinking glasses, mirrors, window glass, paint cans, containers for motor oil, antifreeze, pesticides and other household chemicals.
For more information about curbside recycling collection service, including back door service for qualifying subscribers with special needs, please call the Forsyth County Office of Environmental Assistance and Protection at 703-2440.