- By April Bowman
- Posted Monday, April 14, 2014
2014 NC 4-H Congress
The 2014 NC 4-H Congress will be held on June 21-24, 2014 in Raleigh. Congress is for 4-H youth 13 - 18 years old. We will stay in a hotel (with an outdoor pool) in Raleigh for the event. You will get to attend workshops, tour parts of NCSU campus, participate in a state-wide community service opportunity, see state presentations, dance, etc. Some of the day by day highlights include:
- (Day) 4-H Presentation Competition - youth do not have to be registered to attend 4-H Congress to attend 4-H presentations. There will be a separate registration for 4-H presentation participants.
- (Evening) Honor Club meeting, State Council/Adult meeting, Opening Assembly, Honor Club Tapping, Honor Club Reception
- (Day) Group Assembly, Track Workshops
- (Evening) Group Assembly, Campaign Booths & Dance
- (Day) Workshops, Application, Interview, Resume, Essay (AIRE) Interviews (Almost final versions of your Applications, Resumes and Essays are due by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1st - please let us know if you are interested so that we can send you more information)
- (Evening) Donor Award Dinner (everyone attends), Dance, Candlelight Clover
- (Day) Track Activities (TBD), Closing Luncheon
There will be 2 tracks of the event - leadership and citizenship tracks.
Cost will be $250 per person which includes lodging, meals and transportation. You shouldn't have any additional out of pocket expenses (unless you want extra milkshakes or snacks at the convenience store). You may use scholarship dollars to pay. Email Mrs. Kathy at email@example.com to check your balance.
You must RSVP by May 2 with your track preference (Leadership or Citizenship) and your t-shirt size. Last year Citizenship filled up so RSVP soon! Payment is required to reserve your space (4-H scholarship dollars are accepted). You must be an active Forsyth County 4-H member to attend! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.