- By Mary Jac Brennan
- Posted Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Plan to attend the Annual Piedmont Grown Conference
The subject is Scaling Up: Is It Right For You? There will be nine breakout sessions and activities consisting of a networking lunch, vendor displays, curbside consulting, a field trip, and more!
This year's topic is Growing Your Farm and Food Business: Increasing Profitability. Our keynote speaker is Chris Blanchard of Purple Pitchfork in Decorah, Iowa. Chris is a sought-after farming consultant, author and speaker who offers the practical wisdom of a farmer who has “been there.” His keynote topic is “Scaling Up: Is It Right For You?” Chris will also be presenting two other breakout sessions.
If you didn’t get to hear Chris speak at the Southern SAWG conference in Mobile last month, you can come to hear him right here in NC!
The conference will offer so much practical information at a very reasonable price – only $45 for conference attendance (and a great local lunch) PLUS a year’s membership in Piedmont Grown. Here are the breakout sessions and activities that you have to choose from:
- Social Media and The Bottom Line
- Farming Without Losing Your Shirt (Food Safety and GAPs)
- Connecting Farmers, Food Businesses and Chefs
- How Do You Know If You Are Making Money?
- Time and Productivity Management for Farmers
- How I Built My Food Business
- Farm Records: Capturing and Organizing Data for GAPs, Organic Certification, and Other Endeavors
- Curbside Consulting: Brief consultations with experts tailored to participant’s needs and questions
- Field Trip: Tour of Lomax Incubator Farm
Register for the upcoming Piedmont Grown Annual Conference today! The conference will be held on Monday, February 23 in Kannapolis at the NC Research Center.
View the full agenda and registration information.
Reserve your spot now! Pre-registration is encouraged; registration by February 19 will guarantee that lunch will be included with your fee. Vegetarian options will be available. A limited number of walk-in spots will be available the morning of the conference, but lunch may not be available without prior registration.
We hope you’ll join us for this fantastic conference!
View brochure for more information.