- By Megan Gregory
- Posted Friday, January 8, 2016
“The Dirt on Soil” Garden Workshop to be held Jan 26
- “The Dirt on Soil” : A Forsyth Community Gardening Workshop
- Tuesday, January 26, 6:00-8:00 pm
- Forsyth County Cooperative Extension
- 1450 Fairchild Rd., Winston-Salem NC 27105
Is a pH of 6.7 good or bad? What’s a phosphorous index? And why are gardeners so excited about organic matter? Come ‘dig in’ to the marvels of soil with us at this workshop! We’ll cover soil science basics, how to read a soil test report, and best practices for building healthy soils for thriving crops.
Registration is appreciated, but not required. Register online at: http://tinyurl.com/FCG-SGS, or call 336-705-8823.
This program is part of Forsyth Community Gardening's "Sustainable Growing Series" of free workshops for community gardeners. Topics include environmentally-friendly horticultural practices, garden organizing, and building community food systems.
Photo credit: NRCS Soil Health Campaign