- By Chad Miller
- Posted Tuesday, February 9, 2016
FCAC Advisory Board Seeks Additional Comments on Proposals to Amend Chapter 6 Animals
- Forsyth County
- Animal Control Advisory Board
Invites Additional Comments
The Animal Control Advisory Board is considering proposals to amend Chapter 6 Animals of the County Code to enhance the shelter requirements for animals maintained primarily outdoors. The areas under review include:
- Define suitable intervals for provision of adequate food & water;
- Establish standards for adequate space, temperature & cleanliness of confinement area;
- Identify solid surface flooring not acceptable as adequate shelter;
- Identify types of primary housing not acceptable as adequate shelter;
- Establish temperature ranges that should be considered potentially life threatening with prolonged outdoor activity avoided;
- Require animals transported in open bed trucks and trailers be cross tied to secure them within the vehicle.
Comment may be provided through the Animal Control website, via email, or telephone through February 15, 2016.
For copies of the proposals, or more information, please visit the Department of Animal Control website: