- By Lynne Mitchell
- Posted Thursday, August 17, 2017
Don’t Be a Distracted Driver During the Eclipse
- Keep headlights on
- Put sun visor down to block your view of the sun
- Do not wear eclipse glasses while driving
- Do not try to video the eclipse while driving.
- Do not stop on the shoulder or the roadway to view the eclipse. Park in safe area away from traffic to view the eclipse.
- Be alert to the possibly of other distracted drivers who may be watching the eclipse swerving into your lane.
- Keep additional space between you and other vehicles and reduce your speed so you will have more time to make an emergency maneuver if needed.
- Be mindful of pedestrians that may be walking around with their eyes on the sky.