- By Ann LaRosee
- Posted Tuesday, September 8, 2020
Celebrate National Voter Registration Day with the Library on Sept. 22
National Voter Registration Day is a nonpartisan effort designed to celebrate and put the spotlight on registering eligible Americans to vote. With a historic presidential election ahead of us, every eligible American voter should exercise their right to be heard at the ballot box. Whether a person has never voted before or doesn’t know if they are even allowed to vote, National Voter Registration Day is the right day to get started to make sure that every eligible American is able to fully participate on Election Day.
Beginning on Sept. 8 we will be featuring information, history, and important deadlines pertaining to voter registration every day on the library's Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Then on Sept. 22, National Voter Registration Day, we will have outdoor, socially distanced voter registration from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Central Library. Then, from 5-7 p.m., with volunteers from Moji Coffee, we will have Drive Through Voter Registration in the Central Library parking garage, which is accessible from the Spring Street side of the building. The Drive Through Voter Registration is suitable for people with disabilities or those who simply wish to remain in their car. All eligible unregistered voters and people who support the right to vote are welcome.
Important Dates for Voter Registration
- Tuesday, Sept. 8 - Forsyth County Public Library's social media celebration leading up to National Voter Registration Day begins.
- Tuesday, Sept. 22 - National Voter Registration Day with Drive Through Voter Registration at Central Library.
- Friday, Oct. 9 - Voter registration deadline for the general Election on November 3, 2020. Eligible individuals who miss this deadline may register to vote and cast a ballot at the same time during early voting with same day registration.
- Thursday, Oct. 15 - Early voting begins.
- Tuesday, Oct. 27, 5 p.m. - The deadline to submit a request for an absentee ballot for the November 3, 2020 general election.
- Saturday, Oct. 31 - Early voting ends.
- Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020 - Election Day.
Voter registration forms are available at all library locations. For more information send an email to Information Services Department or call 336-703-3020.