- By April W Bowman
- Posted Monday, May 24, 2021
Youth Poultry Judging Training
On July 1 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Wilkes Community College is holding a Poultry Workshop for youth in grades 6-12. A t-shirt and lunch are provided. Space is limited and registration closes June 14. Youth will
- Gain a deeper understanding of the poultry industry
- Candle eggs to determine fertility
- Break out eggs to determine hatchability issues
- Grade eggs according to USDA standards
- Grade a carcass according to USDA standards
- Tour a broiler house
- Dissect a chicken
This is NOT a 4-H workshop.
Register for the workshop here.
Youth that would like transportation to and from Wilkes Community College from Forsyth County 4-H should:
- register for the poultry workshop using the link above
- be active (and approved) in 4-H Online
- log into their 4-H online profile and click on events (on the left) and register for the Poultry Workshop listed there.
. We anticipate leaving the Forsyth County Agricultural Building at 8 a.m. and returning at 4:45 p.m.
For more information, email, April Bowman, Extension Agent, Livestock, Forages, and 4-H Youth Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-703-2855.