- By Todd Luck
- Posted Friday, May 28, 2021
COVID vaccinations available at Health Department and community events
Forsyth County Department of Public Health is offering a variety of opportunities to get vaccinated against COVID-19 at numerous community events and at the Public Health Department.
Walk-ups will be accepted at these community vaccination events:
- June 2, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Rural Hall Fire Department, 177 Rural Hall Germanton Road, Rural Hall
- June 5, 9 a.m.-12 noon, Community Mosque, 1419 Waughtown Street
- June 5, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., HAWS Community Day, 901 Cleveland Avenue
- June 5, 9 a.m.-12 noon, Greater Faith Missionary Baptist Church, 2651 Buchanan Street
Appointments and walk-ups are also accepted at the Public Health Department, 799 N. Highland Ave, for COVID-19 vaccinations:
- Appointments are available at Bit.Ly/FCNCCovidVaccine or by calling 336-582-0800 from 8 a.m. -5 p.m. Tues-Fri.
- Walk-ups will be accepted Tues-Wed. 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Thurs. 9:30 a.m.-8 p.m., Fri. 8 a.m.-1 p.m. and next Sat. 9-4 a.m. The vaccination clinic will be closed for lunch from noon-1 p.m. Tues.-Thurs.
Due to the Memorial Day Holiday, there will be no vaccination clinics Saturday or Monday.
Vaccinations are free and no ID or insurance is needed. The single-dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine, for ages 18 and up, will be an option while supplies last. The two-dose Pfizer vaccine, for ages 12 and up, is also currently available.