- By Todd Luck
- Posted Saturday, July 31, 2021
COVID-19 vaccination to be offered at Bowman Gray Stadium and other community venues
The Forsyth County Department of Public Health will offer COVID vaccinations before next Saturday’s race at Bowman Gray Stadium with a free admission ticket for that night’s race for the first 100 adults 18 and over that receive their first dose. Public Health will also be vaccinating at Crystal Towers, El Buen Samaritano and the health department.
The $25 Summer Cards are still available to anyone 18 and older who receives their first dose of any COVID-19 vaccine or to non-commercial drivers who take someone to receive their first dose. The cards are for first doses only, and each patient’s COVID vaccination history will be checked before the shot is administered or the cash card is given. Cards are available while supplies last.
Public Health staff will be accepting walk-ups at these community vaccination events:
- August 4, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Crystal Towers, 625 West 6th Street
- August 6, 3 p.m.-6 p.m., El Buen Samaritano, 2800 Ludwig Street
- August 7, 5 p.m.-8:30 p.m., Bowman Gray Stadium Racing, 1250 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive.
Appointments and walk-ups for COVID-19 vaccinations are accepted during the week at the Public Health Department, 799 N. Highland Ave:
- Appointments are available at Bit.Ly/FCNCCovidVaccine or by calling 336-582-0800 from 8 a.m. -5 p.m. Mon-Fri.
- Walk-ups are accepted Mon-Tues. 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Wednesday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Thurs. 8 a.m.-8 p.m., and Fri. 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Weekend COVID vaccinations at the health department will only be held on the second Saturday of the month from 9 a.m.-12 noon.
Vaccinations are free and no ID or insurance is needed. The single-dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine, for ages 18 and up, will be an option while supplies last. The two-dose Pfizer vaccine, for ages 12 and up, is available and Public Health is expecting the two-dose Moderna vaccine, for ages 18 and up, next week as well.