- By Christina Mayhand
- Posted Monday, September 1, 2014
Database of the Month: Learning Express Library
Learning Express Library is a wonderful free tool for all Forsyth County Public Library users. Using your library card you can create an account and use Learning Express Library to access information to help you succeed throughout your educational career. Learning Express Library is also a great resource for career development, mastering computer skills, educational and placement tests, resources in Espanol, and more.
The following sections are areas covered by Learning Express Library:
- School Center: The resources here can help students in elementary, middle, and high school prepare for important tests, get extra help with assignments, and boost their skills in important subjects.
- High School Equivalency Center: Earning a high school equivalency credential can open the door to better income, a more fulfilling job, and a college education. If you are preparing for the GED® test, HiSET® or TASC™ exams, our practice tests, interactive tutorials, and eBooks will help you reach your goal.
- College Prep Center: Getting into college is an important step to building a strong future. First, you must do well on your college admission tests and write a personal essay that highlights your special talents. Use this center to get the resources you need to achieve your college preparation goals.
- Adult Learning: This center offers busy adults the resources to improve their basic skills in reading, writing, and math, prepare for the GED® test, or become a U.S. citizen.
- Job and Career Accelerator: Whether you’re looking to find a new job in your current field or pursue a career in an exciting new industry, Job & Career Accelerator™ has the powerful tools and expert guidance to help you through every step of the process.
- Career Center: Are you preparing for a professional exam? Are you curious about a particular occupation or looking to improve your workplace skills? Choose the Career Center and begin your path to a bright future.
- Popular Software Tutorials: If you’re looking to keep up, stay competitive, or get ahead, you’ll need to know how to use today’s most popular computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and more. These easy-to-use courses will teach you everything you need to know and help make your goals a reality—all designed to fit your current skill level and schedule.
- Recursos en espanol: Este centro ofrece a los adultos que están muy ocupados los recursos para mejorar sus habilidades básicas, ganar sus credenciales de GED® o ser ciudadano estadounidense.
Learning Express Library is a wonderful database that can be accessed from our Online Resources page under Test Preparation. I encourage you to try it out for yourself.
To learn more about Learning Express Library and get a preview of what this database has to offer, stop by the Library for an introduction.