- By Jacquelyn White
- Posted Thursday, October 1, 2015
Discover Pro/Con Perspectives from Authoritative Voices
Gale's Opposing Viewpoints in Context is the premier online resource covering today’s hottest social issues, from capital punishment to immigration, to violent video games. This cross-curricular research tool supports science, social studies, current events, and language arts classes. Its informed, differing views present each side of an issue and help students develop information literacy, critical thinking skills, and the confidence to draw their own valid conclusions.
Scope and Depth
- More than 19,600 pro/con viewpoints
- More than 13,000 topic overviews
- More than 12,600 charts and graphs, along with other statistical information
- 300+ profiles of federal agencies and special-interest groups
- Special coverage of the annual debate topic determined by the National Speech and Debate Association
- Full-text newspapers and periodicals from multiple perspectives, including National Review, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Commentary, and CNN Wire
- Engages users with thousands of images, videos, and audio selections from authoritative sources.
- Interactive maps show statistical trends in a readily understandable way.